Welcome to ICPA WA
As a member of the Isolated Children's Parents' Association within Western Australia you are actively helping our rural and remote children access the education and opportunities they deserve.
Western Australia have eleven member bodies and a State Council (ICPA WA) made up of representation of the all WA branches. We are voluntary, non-profit, apolitical bodies dedicated to ensuring that all rural and remote students have equity of access to a continuing and appropriate education.
ICPA advocates for families educating children from early childhood through to tertiary. Children may be educated in small rural schools, by distance education, attend boarding schools or school term hostels and sometimes have access to early childhood services. Tertiary students, whether they are attending university or training for a trade, whose family home is in rural and remote Australia frequently must live away from home to access further education.
Membership to a ICPA WA branch entitles you to the following:
- Entitles you to take part in branch meetings and have a say in the issues that are important to you.
- Receiving branch news.
- State and Federal conference voting rights and attendance if nominated as a delegate by your branch (associated costs aer paid for by your branch or the lone's branch).
- All members receive an invitation to attend the annual State and Federal Conferences. Those attending who have not been nominated as a branch delegate will need to cover their own costs.
- Free subscription to the quarterly Publications -- ICPA WA "Bits and Pieces" and the Federal ICPA "Pedals" magazines.
- A voice in your children's education.
More information is required by your Branch on an annual basis. Please download this form and email to your branch treasurer.
The information required on the form is:
- The following information is required to be used when processing State and Branch Bursary qualification and for ICPA WA lobbying purposes: Name of children; Age; School Year Level and school/tafe/college attending.
- ICPA needs permission to use any photographs of your children or yourself supplied or taken at ICPA events for use in ICPA Publications and Newsletters, this includes ICPA WA and ICPA Australia social media pages and web pages.
To learn more about ICPA WA Branches please visit our branch webpages.